第三部分:
[0:8.785]I had an interview today, too. 我今天也参加了一个面谈。
[0:11.958]I had a great interview with Admissions at Columbia University. 我参加了一次Columbia大学的招生人员很精采的面试。
[0:15.986]Really? 真的?
[0:16.592]What did they say? 他们说什么?
[0:17.964]Will you get into the school? 你会被录取吗?
[0:19.336]Well, they didn't say anything for sure. 嗯,他们没有任何准确的答覆。
[0:21.556]But I figure that with my grades and with my personality,I'll have no problem. 但我想凭我的成绩和我的品行,我不会有问题。
[0:26.693]Columbia's a terrific school. Columbia是一所很难进的学校。
[0:29.111]What are you going to do? 你打算怎么办?
[0:30.677]Do? I don't know. 怎么办?我不知道。
[0:32.738]I also applied to NYU. 我还申请了纽约大学。
[0:34.980]You sound excited about Columbia. 听起来你对Columbia大学挺有兴趣的。
[0:38.222]What's your problem, Mike? 你现在问题在哪,Mike?
[0:39.745]Indecision,Indecision. 下不了决心,拿不定主意。
[0:42.95]It's not easy and this is an important decision we have to make. 实在不容易,这又是我们必须做的一个重大决定。
[0:45.602]What about you? 你呢?
[0:46.845]How was your interview with Michigan? 你跟Michigan大学的人面谈得如何?
[0:48.675]The interview was fine. 面谈得很好。
[0:50.454]It's a great college. 那是一所好大学。
[0:52.40]It is. 是的。
[0:53.192]My father would like me to go there. 我爸爸希望我去那儿。
[0:55.642]He and my Grandpa both went there. 他和我爷爷都曾在哪儿读书。
[0:57.546]Great medical school, too. 而且有很好的医学院。
[0:59.677]I know. 我知道。
[1:0.532]You can follow in your father's footsteps. 你可以跟随你父亲脚步。
[1:3.853]Ah! I'd like to follow in my own footsteps, Mike. 噢,我想走自己的路,Mike。
[1:8.498]What do you want to study? 你想学什么?
[1:10.42]I've been thinking. 我一直在考虑。
[1:11.411]I think I want to study journalism to be a reporter--a newspaperman. 我想学新闻学,将来当一名记者---一个新闻从业人员。
[1:16.677]You do a pretty good job on the Riverdale High School paper. 你在Riverdale高中校刊做得有声有色。
[1:19.476]And I've been thinking about it a lot lately. 最近我一直就此事想了很多。
[1:22.241]Have you discussed it with your parents? 你和父母商量过了吗?
[1:24.121]No.But I have to. 没有,但有此必要。
[1:27.230]OK,let's talk. 好,我们谈谈吧。
[1:36.532]Hi, Son,is everything all right? 嗨,孩子,一切都顺利吗?
[1:43.763]Hi,Dad.everything's fine. 嗨,爸爸,一切都很好。
[1:45.790]I was just waiting for you to get home so we could talk. 我正等你回来,好好跟你谈谈。
[1:49.413]Anything special you want to talk about? 有什么特殊的事要谈吗?
[1:51.932]There is, Dad. 有,爸爸。
[1:53.716]I'm listening. 那就说吧。
[1:56.132]Well, I know you and Mom have given up a lot to save money for my college tuition. 嗯,我知道你和妈省吃俭用存钱准备我的大学学费。
[2:4.240]We want you to go to college, Robbie. 我们希望你上大学,Robbie。
[2:6.320]I know,I do. 我知道,我会的。
[2:7.576]But? 那还有什么事?
[2:9.462]Well, I've thought a lot about which college,and one of them is Columbia. 嗯,我为了上哪一个大学想了很多,其中一所是Columbia大学。
[2:17.276]Columbia? Why Columbia? Columbia?为什么是Columbia?
[2:22.657]First, they have an excellent School of Journalism. 首先,那里有很优秀的新闻研究院。
[2:25.482]They do. 是的。
[2:28.468]And your friends are planning to go to Columbia? 而且你的朋友们也想去Columbia大学,对吗?
[2:33.611]That's only part of it. 这只是一部分原因。
[2:35.646]It's complicated. 原因很复杂。
[2:38.419]I'll try to explain. 我会尽量给你解释。
[2:41.505]Mike and I had a hamburger this afternoon, and we talked. 今天下午 Mike和我一起吃汉堡时讨论过。
[2:45.279]Yes? 是吗?
来源:云南外语网




